Parmak Mark 8 fence charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard C

Greetings ~ Attempting to repair this fence charger ~ no power is coming from the power supply ~ I have tested the power from the AC Plug to the board to where I lose continuity ( the fuses are good ) I suspect the small capacitor on the power supply board ( only the top of the capacitor can be seen in the photo with a cross on top )~ I can smell what I think is the fried capacitor ``` Should I be able to test continuity across the capacitor while still on the board ?

By the by I just joined this forum after lurking for a while ~ my name is Richard ~ look forward to hearing from you ~ thank you ```

Richard

Last edited:
the top of the capacitor isn't bulged or discolored, so the only failure mechanism remaining is high ESR. you need an ESR meter to test it. what i don't see is the second wire that goes from the fuse holder to the circuit board.

Greetings uncle ~ the wire you see as missing was put in place ~ still no action ~ thanks for coming by ~ I'm not going any further with this ```

Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…