Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Parking Car ElectroMagnetic Sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.
My experiments were done with the sensor on a table or suspended over it. When it became clear that it would not meet my needs, I put it aside and looked at inductance. That was also problematic and had very limited range with the coil size I could accommodate. Ultrasound (500 KHz) worked, but was very sensitive to the distance and beam spread. I ended up with reflected IR. You may want to consider ultrasound also. Good luck. John

I think that the sensor (I watched in the website I dirst mentioned in this discussion) is an E-field sensor.
Yesterday I googled for a couple of hours and I ended up that yes it could be.
Motorola has been involved in 2003 in a design context for its MC33794
(https://www.jandspromotions.com/efield2003/evm.html).
Now I am trying to do the same thing but with discrete electronics.
Basically a sine wave generator attached to a strip of aluminium. When someting is approaching (anything) the e-field change (a capacitance appears between the strip and the ground). Then, an ADC should resolve the level shift.
I will post the circuit briefly.
G

I'am just trying now and it seems that by removing the shield and let the sensor be alone (i.e. a single strip of aluminium) is enough.
I put the strip behind a mirror and the device is very sensitive!
I use the same circuit of the capaciflector...
more to understand
G

Hey, all.
To who followed up my problems, I would say that I found the patent
which describes the electromagnetic sensor.
Up to now, I have been focused on capacitive sensor, and in fact I built
a prototype based on mc33794. But the range is limited to 40cm
I found a patent of an italian about using a slight different mechanism
(Us. patent 5.682.136, can be found on freepatentsonline.com).
The problem is that there are not any IC to build the system....

Parking Sensor

hi....
This would be fun to make! Popular Mechanics 1955 - "Developed in Germany, a portable shelter for camping or trailer travel looks like a gigantic orange --and peels apart almost like one. The parts of the shelter are shaped much like the segments of an orange peel. One person can fasten the segments together to complete the shelter in 15 minutes
-------
hardy
-------
camper trailer

ElectroMagnetic Sensor, are based on an electromagnetic waves with low energy.

When reverse gear is selected the small control unit generates an electromagnetic field and transfers this to the transceiver adhesive strip that is placed on the inner side of and run the length of your bumper.

But in my opinion, it gives false alarm from time to time. Easily to get interfered by around environment such as car DVD, other electrical equipment. the ultrasonic parking sensor technique is more mature than the electromagnetic parking sensor.

I took some parking sensors from http://www.carsda.com , they have some fashionable designs, over 9 months, it is still ok.

Hello guys. i want to do exactly what the OP intented to do...
I want to make an electromagnetic parking sensor for my car... Can anyone please explain to me, the basics of how somethinng like this would work ?:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back