Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

parasite wire

Status
Not open for further replies.

kdawson2

hey i was wondering can you guys help me out with something. I am looking install a wireless camera that operates off of a nine volt battery. I want it to be installed inside another electronic device so that it cannot be seen. The only problem is that i want it to constantly run so i need a constant power source. i saw a cord online once that had one end that looked sort of like a "jumper cable" and the other end went into the intended devce. I only saw the cord once so i can't remember the name of it. what i'm trying to do it put the "jumper cable" part on one of the wires that power the electronic device i'm putting it into in order to constantly power the camera, kind of like a parasite....woud you all know any cord that i can achieve this with...............hopefully you guys can understand what i'm trying to say

You lost me with your description of whatever cable you've seen in the past. But, if you only need to do this once, I'd suggest just making your own cable - it's easy. You can purchase a mating connector for the 9V battery connection and just make this into a cable with some length of wire. If you make your own, you can choose a smallish wire if desired and cut it to perfect length. Since it sounds like an unusual cable, you'll probably same some $$$ doing it yourself as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back