Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pararelling PIC pins and get more current?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heat

From the sounds of it, you were not going to use a circuit board were you? just free wire the thing?

If that is so, then the PIC may or may not give you 60ma as the board acts as somewhat of a heatsink.

But you also said it's going on an RC plane I do believe so if you mounted it correctly you could use the rushing air for an effective cooling system.

It all comes down to how effectively you cool the thing. You may be able to tack some small tin-foil heat sink fins on it but I guess there are a million different ways to do it and transistors were mentioned as they are a proven and reliable design.

So taking all that in to consideration, I wish you luck and make sure ya come back here and let us know what ya did and if it worked, but also remember, what works in the short term, may burn out in the long term.

R.

Thanks for that info. :)

I will tell you when i'm done with it, but it will take a long time. The reasons are that I have a bigger project underway and I'm still learning pic's.

Parallel PIC Pins

I would use 4 or more open collector pins from the PIC tied together with the appropriate pullup resistor (50 ohm about). Be sure the resister is at least 1/2 watt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back