Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

parallel port question

Status
Not open for further replies.

mstechca

OK, so I have finished building my microcontroller programmer, and everything seems to be working OK.

What I want to see happen is that the moment the computer sends a byte down to the programmer, the busy pin becomes active, only until one byte of the microcontroller is programmed.

The problem is that the busy pin is tied high forever the moment the first byte is sent.

I still think that something is going on with my parallel port, unless I dont know enough about it.

Here is my port configuration for the controller:

strobe - as soon as it is low, the action starts, and busy becomes high for 5 clock cycles.
data - Connects to data input of microcontroller.
busy - Should be high while a byte is being processed. Occurs for 5 clock cycles.
ack - tied to ground.

I'm thinking I may have used the ack improperly.

I want to use the SPP version of the parallel port.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back