Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Panic Button

Status
Not open for further replies.

sscanlon456

Hi guys,
I have been charged with a project to install a panic button system in our building out here in the middle east...
The spec is - a Night Guard pushes a big red button, and a buzzer/LED is activated in six seperate bedrooms all at the same time.
That is the easy bit,

The thing i want is once the button is pressed/punched, the alarms in the rooms should sound/flash light for 10 seconds, without the button being held down by the night guard.

The runs to the rooms will be up to 30 metres.

Really appreciate your help guys.

(Oh if there is a product out there that does this already, maybe even wireless! ill buy it...)

SScanlon - in the sand and the heat

sscanlon456 said:
Hi guys,
I have been charged with a project to install a panic button system in our building out here in the middle east...
The spec is - a Night Guard pushes a big red button, and a buzzer/LED is activated in six seperate bedrooms all at the same time.
That is the easy bit,

The thing i want is once the button is pressed/punched, the alarms in the rooms should sound/flash light for 10 seconds, without the button being held down by the night guard.

The runs to the rooms will be up to 30 metres.

Really appreciate your help guys.

(Oh if there is a product out there that does this already, maybe even wireless! ill buy it...)

SScanlon - in the sand and the heat

You can purchase relay timers to do what you want. I dont have a part number handy but they do exist. Your pushbutton can actuate the timer relay that runs the sound/flash alarms.

These timer relays are used in industrial automation / controls all the time so maybe thats a start for you.

Mains adaptor.

hi,

As optikon says
But now the OP needs to add a DC supply to his system. Since presumably, the lights are already wired to a mains circuit, the whole solution (including timer) can be done with AC relays and pushbuttons.

There are lots of AC plug in timers that can handle a few amps and have the degree of adjustment you require.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back