Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pandemic strikes the USA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ambient

Oh do not get me started on girls on the cell phone in a car. My kids laugh when I tell them who will be in a car two cars up and we catch them. Bet I am 90% spot on.. And odds are female and on a cell phone. hehehe. But never a Goth guy.

Oh and here in Florida, we have the senior TANK drivers as well. It is like their kids wants them to be safe as they know they should not drive. So they get them a TANK and put them on the road with my kids.
Nice.

Most of the goth/emo in my area tend to congregate at the malls. That is thier natural habitat. They stand around and block foot traffic or hang out at the food court. They do not sit either. They stand around. But it does seem to be a high school thing.

mramos1 said:
I do the same thing when I go places with the kids. Too funny, not weird.

And that nose ring is in there pretty good. So you know that will take a body where ever you want then to go. Talk about leading the head, and the body will follow. I know that would hurt bad.

Long story - so please all sit down! - when you're ready we'll begin :D

I grew up in a small village called Birchover, and I used to play with some sons from one of the local farms, whose name was Bacon (quite amusing for a farmer!).

Anyway, they basically just bred beef cattle, and used to pay a vet to come and inseminate the cows (which is expensive), so Mr. Bacon decided to buy a bull - he bought a bull calf at the local farmers market. Unfortunately the bull turned out to be a bit of a dwarf, and never grew big enough to climb on the cows backs :p so it was a seriously frustrated bull, and there weren't any baby cows in the offing! :D

So that bull went (probably for steaks!), and rather than take another chance he bought a fully grown bull - and it was a MONSTER - for you city types who have never seen a grown bull up close and personal, I recommend you don't! :rolleyes:

So, back to the point - one day Mr. Bacon (who was a BIG man) - wanted to move the bull either to a shed, or a field, across the farm yard, so he gave all us kids chimney sweep sticks (about three feet long, good sturdy sticks with metal threaded ends), and placed us blocking the gates he wasn't using.

He started moving the bull across the yard, with his hand through it's nose ring, pulling it where he wanted. But half way across, the bull just swung it's head up, and ripped the ring completely out of it's nose.

So there we were, with tiny sticks (they seemed to get smaller VERY quickly) blocking exits, and a huge bull with it's nose ripped to shreads and probably not terribly happy :eek:

Only answer, we just dived over the nearest wall, into the field out of it's way :p

Nigel, great story. I can imagine as a kid. I would be over that fence so fast.

I have had a few like that as a kid (and adult with my kids). One that reminds me of a model rocket and telling the kids to move back about 100 feet away and the thing hit a branch and landed at there feet fire going all over. :)

Nothing like a full sized "ticked off" bull, but the plan was for the kids to be safe and they were little guys back then. And you think all is under control then OH CRAP!!!

Guess I better stick with where I can get a thumb and what I can use as a weapon rather count on rings that look like good things to grab.

Still, that would have to hurt. :D

Nigel Goodwin said:
My only concern is nose rings, lip rings etc. - but this isn't by any means exclusive to goths. As a martial artist they just scream 'TARGET' at me, a really good place to hit where it will cause immense pain! :D
Don't you make people remove any rings and studs before they train?

Nigel Goodwin said:
My only concern is nose rings, lip rings etc. - but this isn't by any means exclusive to goths. As a martial artist they just scream 'TARGET' at me, a really good place to hit where it will cause immense pain! :D

That may sound weird, but it's part of 'threat assessment', as you walk in a room you scan for potential threats, escape routes, convenient weapons, targets etc.

I normally do the same. It pays to scan for people with large beards, as they're often big trouble ;)

Brian

Who is Mr Bacon? That is kind of a scary name...

My buddy had a long black beard too (back then, he shaved it now).

Krumlink. Mr Bacon sounds like someone that should be raising pigs. Does not sound scary to me though.

Nigel Goodwin said:
He also had an extremely fit daughter called Joanne :D

Fit as in pretty hot or fit as in tough :D

If pretty, I recall you mentioned Mr. B was a big man. Might be smarter going against the bull. hehehehe..

Nigel Goodwin said:
He also had an extremely fit daughter called Joanne :D

Interesting choice of words, no? If I didn't know any better, I'd say very careful choice of words.

mramos1 said:
Fit as in pretty hot or fit as in tough :D

If pretty, I recall you mentioned Mr. B was a big man. Might be smarter going against the bull. hehehehe..

As in VERY hot, mind youi I've not seen her for a number of decades now! :(

Interstingly enough, she married a Ju Jitsu instructor!.

I dated a girl, that later became a model. Her Dad was 6' 5", cop and loved the martial arts. Now there is someting that brings back some stories. :)

Her Mom loved me, the Dad hated me. The motorcycle probably did not help.

Guess you have to be big and tough to have a cute daughter :D Or own a lot of weapons you like to clean alot.

mramos1 said:
... Or own a lot of weapons you like to clean alot.
Heh, he cleaned them whenever you came to pick her up, didn't he? I don't think a motorcycle would go over very well for any father, even ones that ride themselves. They know how dangerous it can be, especially cops.

I always took her out in the car. And the bike was non-stock for those days as well. I can relate now (many years later).

I avoided him, so not really sure if he was cleaning his. But I know he had one on him for work everyday. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back