Panda

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont you know the real secret to success is not knowing how to do something, but rather knowing how to find someone who does!

his project may only trgets the local community who only use onair TV chanels. so having a device to log the particular frequencies the TV is tuned on would give him enough information.

Local Oscilator mostly seperate for UHF and VHF bands and as some one stated above in modern oscilators there would be a provision for tapping for PLL, this can be used as a point of required output.

by looking at the circuit diagram on which the tuner is connected, this tapping could be identified. also you can try by placing a small pice of wire parellel to out put PCB, if your frequency counter is more sensitive.

Last edited:
What purpose could knowing what each station a persons TV is tuned to serve a college kid or any one else thats not part of the government snoop program?

Does knowing what the guy down the street is watching really serve a purpose to anyone else in the public?

What if he is watching a video or DVD that goes to the TV via the aux input connection? Then what?
Or what if it uses channel 3 or four for the connection between the player and the TV? He would appear to be watching whats being broadcast on one of those channels but really it coming from a tape or disk.

We had that company come to us to repair TV's that had been damage by just this sort of monitoring system. I don't remember if it was the Nelson ratings people I was approached by Nelson and it didn't require us to mutilate the tuner and pll circuits just to verify what channels we preferred. As I remember.

But, when you screw with someones TV and run wires all over in it. Just so that you benefit as a final yr project. You better be willing to compensate them or replace their old set with a new one and I mean New cause it wasn't broke until you put your fat fingers in it.

If you don't have the cash to do it then you better by an old set to mutilate.

Trust me. We had a few that were not repairable.

kv

Last edited:
Lets see...The FINAL year of a University degree

as well:
-seems to know nothing about basic electronics
-wants to build a spectacularly difficult project...that he has absolutely NO IDEA how to do it
-Knows nothing about basic TV principals...although his project must interface with one.
-Scoffs at any idea. other than a fully complete schematic.

Have we seen this type of crap before?
Ive said it before, and Ill say it again...how do these jokers get anywhere NEAR their final year?
I knew more about electronics after my 12th year in High School then these guys know after many years in University

Last edited:
Ive said it before, and Ill say it again...how do these jokers get anywhere NEAR their final year?
I knew more about electronics after my 12th year in High School then these guys know after many years in University

Have you been around the college level EE courses offered in the last 10 years?
I had three creative arts classes, a political BS science class, 8 electives not even related to EE,(canueing, skiing, 3 Geology courses, three non relevant maths)
one US history, One world history, public speaking, three English classes, 2 Chemistry, 1 basic physics (not electrical related physics either), and some other BS I cant recall right now!
There was 3 years out of a supposed 4 year college EE degree that has nothing to do with EE!

The fact that these kids can even change a battery in their cell phone is an accomplishment onto itself!

Maybe this is really a post from some member of the British government posing as an Indian college student. Their TV detector vans stopped working when people switched to LCD televisions, and now they are trying to find a sneaky way to get someone to design a new circuit for them to make people pay TV license fees.

Last edited:

LCD TV's still have a tuner, and it's the LO radiation that the detector vans picked up - however, they were only ever a very few detector vans, and I'm doubtful there are any at all now.

Ever see the ones with the pair of big Oudin coils on top? What the heck were they doing with that?

I think that its cute that there are still some countries in the world that require a TV License. Canada gave up on that in the 60's. It seems a really inefficient, difficult to enforce system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…