Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Panasonic Quintrix TV video problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

fingaz

I have a Panasonic Quintrix digital TV (CRT, not plasma, tft or lcd).

The TV works fine when watching any of the digital channels, but when watching a DVD, or any channel through SKY digital (ie. anything connected via scart), there is lightly coloured ghosting in the background. This is very distracting and most annoying :mad:

The picture distrubance is not visible when the SKY box or DVD are connected to another TV. I have tried new scart leads. I have resoldered the joints on the scart sockets of the TV. Can't see any other obvious problems on the board around the area of the scart sockets, no bulging caps etc.

My thinking is that because it plays digital tv channels via RF perfectly, and the problem is only when watching something via scart, the problem has to be something to do with the scart sockets, or somewhere between these and the video processing.

Anyone else ever come across this problem? or any suggestions as to what it may be? :confused:

All help will be much appreciated.

Note: the ghosting is noticable on both of the scart sockets, not just one.

Last edited:
It's normally a badly screened SCART leads - SCART sockets output whatever the tuner is set to, and this can bleed across to the incoming SCART signal on a poor quality lead.

You can disconnect the output from the TV, as it's not usually required - check my webpage for details:

Thanks Nigel, I will look at this later today and see if I can sort it.

Your response, as always, is very useful and much appreciated. I will post a follow up to let you know how I get on.
;););)

Done it!

Thanks Nigel, it appears to have resolved the problem completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back