Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Panasonic Plasma TV (no power) - T8AH fuse removal & testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tieke

I have a dead plasma (model TH-42PV80A), no power whatsoever, and according to past forums one last resort before ditching it is to romove and test the two T8AH 250v fuses located on the power board beside the mains power box input. Problem is, when I look at them they appear to be held firmly by the end fuse cups which seem to be soldered into the back of the powerboard (like a resistor). If anyone has had experience in removal of these fuses and testing them I would appreciate any assistance on the correct procedure for safely removing them. I am assuming at this stage that the power box is not the problem but once I can test the fuses (and replace if necessary) then that would be my next suspect I guess. I have already removed the mains powerbox from the board for easier access to the two suspect fuses.

Testing in-situ

ok, wasn'nt sur eif a continuity test acros each of then in-situ would give a correct reading, could you elaborate and have you done something similar before? It's also possibly a problem in the power supply (box) but I'm hoping it might be a simple fix with a faulty fuse and not something more significant which will make it a permanent blackboard.

ok, wasn'nt sur eif a continuity test acros each of then in-situ would give a correct reading, could you elaborate and have you done something similar before? It's also possibly a problem in the power supply (box) but I'm hoping it might be a simple fix with a faulty fuse and not something more significant which will make it a permanent blackboard.

A fuse will read S/C if it OK, if it reads anything higher then it's faulty.

I wouldn't expect a fuse to go without reason, so it's rare that replacing one cures it, I don't do Panasonic so I can't make any informed suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back