Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pairs of values - finding their relationship

Status
Not open for further replies.

atferrari

Most Helpful Member
Given the following pairs of values:

6 - 6,1399
7 - 6,6319
8 - 7,0898
9 - 7,5199
10 - 7,9267

Is there any effective generic procedure to find out the mathematical relationship between values of each pair?

This have been puzzling me for years and if it exists I do not how to Google for it in English.

I am affraid that the answer is maybe almost in front of my eyes.**broken link removed**

Just in case please note I have not generated those values but I suspect they all follow the same law.

Hi,

Are you perhaps thinking of "correlation"? You can find much on the web about that.

Question has been answered here:
**broken link removed**

It seems it has to do...

Hi, Are you perhaps thinking of "correlation"?

It might be. It seems related to my question. This is one case where you do not know what to look for.

Based on answers I got in other forums I am working on this (to me) new subject.

Gracias Al.

Last edited:
Hi again,

Well, you really have to know what you want for anyone to really help with this. "Correlation" (ie statistics) and "Curve Fitting" are two possible ways to show the relationship between your numbers, so if you dont know then perhaps you can tell us what you intend to use this info for or what you are trying to accomplish.

When I post here, I use the "." to denote decimals.

I've been exposed to the different uses for more than 30 years, including imperial units which were quite common in my daily work. By mistake I left the commas.

What link of mine are you actually talking about?

atferrari,

When I first opened up your post, I got this link **broken link removed** . I still do when I select a post reply. It appears that the problem is in the software that runs this forum, and is not your fault. My apologies.

Ratch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back