Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pairs for Infra red Emitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeyes56

Hi,
i would like to know what are the other component that can be paired with an Ir Emitter.

Ir Receiver is one, but i also want to know the other since Ir Receiver only response to a specific frequency.

additional:
i would like to make a sensor that will be triggered when someone pass by the hallway.
what would be the components i should use?

Hi jeyes56,

range of IR connections depend a lot on wave length of the emitter and the same wave length of the receiver.

Here is a matching pair of emitter and transistor, both operating at the same wave length which results in optimum performance (range):

SFH487 (880nm) and SHF309FA (880nm).

The SFH309FA has a daylight filter which makes almost immune to daylight.

Regards

Boncuk

A photo diode or photo transistor, is this what you are asking.?

yes, how do i configure them? does this work with any IR emitter? how about a day light, i think it is affected.

Hi jeyes56,

range of IR connections depend a lot on wave length of the emitter and the same wave length of the receiver.

Here is a matching pair of emitter and transistor, both operating at the same wave length which results in optimum performance (range):

SFH487 (880nm) and SHF309FA (880nm).

The SFH309FA has a daylight filter which makes almost immune to daylight.

Regards

Boncuk

you mean that i do not need to have a frequency generator to the IR emitter to be able for the IR receiver to response?

Using DC to drive the IR emitter can cause problems in the receiver due to the ambient light.
Pulsed emitter drive enables the receiver to be AC coupled which reduces ambient light problems.
Buy a detector with an inbuilt ambient light filter,SHF309FA

OK.?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back