Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

'pairing' wireless rf magnetic door sensor to alarm unit

Status
Not open for further replies.

RMIM

Hi All,

I have a very old alarm unit that came with 2 sensors in the box - one PIR and one magnetic door sensor. They both work.

I also bought additional wireless magnetic door sensors a bag full.

I cant get the additional sensors to work. They seem to be the same frequency H R315A.

There are no DIP switches. Nothing has been soldered to form any L or H - when comparing the board that does work it's identical to the others.

There are no obvious pairs buttons on the main alarm unit.

Anyone familiar with this type of model?

Thanks

Attachments

• 20181231_152540.jpg
    20181231_152540.jpg
    473.8 KB · Views: 194
  • 20181231_152544.jpg
    20181231_152544.jpg
    389.7 KB · Views: 190
  • 20181231_152548.jpg
    20181231_152548.jpg
    414.6 KB · Views: 186
What about some pictures of the ones that work?, the transmit board has obvious places for a much larger chip, and for ID selection, but the small SM chip fitted doesn't have enough pins.

What about some pictures of the ones that work?, the transmit board has obvious places for a much larger chip, and for ID selection, but the small SM chip fitted doesn't have enough pins.
thanks for the reply Nigel.

I'm away from the unit. I'l try to get some pics tomorrow.

From what I can remember they are identical you cant tell them apart, but one works and the others dont!

I would want to check the frequency to make sure they are a match and transmitting.

thanks for the reply Kevin.
what equipment is needed for that?

I thought you tell the frequency from the stamp on the can? 315?

As for transmitting - well it has some LEDs that flash when u wave the magnet, Im guessing it's working, they all cant be broken.

Last edited:
thanks for the reply Nigel.

I'm away from the unit. I'l try to get some pics tomorrow.

From what I can remember they are identical you cant tell them apart, but one works and the others dont!

Fairly obviously. in order for them to work, you have to pair the main unit to them, have you tried that? - and have you got the instructions for it?.

Fairly obviously. in order for them to work, you have to pair the main unit to them, have you tried that? - and have you got the instructions for it?.

Indeed - and that's my original question, how to pair? The instructions are the usual chinese-english - but with no pairing instructions.

Over the years I have used similar 4 ch key fobs where the usual way of pairing was either soldering/jumpers or the more sophisticated press a pair button on main unit and press any key on the key fob.

These transmitters dont seem to have anything like that. Cant see a pair button on the unit or instructions. I have yet to open the main unit, did not bother as the instruction made no mention of a button. I will try later.

Oh not too expensive.

But not much point, when you haven't been able to attempt pairing them, they won't work without been paired even if they are the correct frequency.

Have you tried googling your exact make and model of the units to see if you can find better instructions.

This looks the same
billysprojects

Nice, interesting web page.

For the OP he might like to look at:

Which shows how to set up something similar, and recommends the tables at the back of the instruction book rather than the actual text.

As there's no 'setting button' in the sensors, presumably you either simply fit the battery?, or trigger the reed?.

Oh not too expensive.
315Mhz?, you can use a RTL-SDR radio. they're cheap ($5 to $30 in the USA ) and they not only can tell you if a module is transmitting, but you may even be able to see what's going on between the devices.
more info available [here] and they sell RTL-SDR radios too, some of their bundles contain antennas, cables, and other accessories. they also have links to other companies that sell radio dongles.

i don't know where you live, but 315Mhz devices are allowed in ITU region 2 (the Americas) but not in region 1 (Europe & Africa). i'm not sure about region 3 (India, China, Australia, etc...)

Last edited:
I'm still away from my laptop and can't seem to upload pictures from my phone. File to big.

Perhaps I have not been persistent enough in trying to understand the Chinese English.

Could it be no. 13
Setting network connection user ID code
Press key program
Press 0
Press program
Press four digit ID code
Press program
This four digit user ID code is used in network connection application

Only problem where is the 4 digit ID code?

Last edited:
Have you watched the video I linked to above? - and 'network connection' sounds completely wrong.

Indeed network connection does sound wrong - but with a unit like what would network be for? It has no ethernet. With chinese-english it's the closest thing in the book to pairing I could see.

I have watched the video and how that unit pairs. If mine can pair it would be through a similar method, using the control panel and some secret combination of keys (as neither the base unit or sensors have any internal pair buttons or jumpers). My PIR and magnetic sensors are very similar to the ones in the video.

Now I have my laptop im away from the manual. I only have a bad picture.

M50Z3suJG6KAhjqsysGAs8VZvI__asP9djSwvxUZjeFItIzN1n4CWH2O29YbdF9hTRmLE8TkTXWgEJOyPjtdxS82OlG7mjhgbbGAmb_5M0CB9GUwfR8HqLAB34Vb9qTBV4YhXGLJZX1vFXw1-nW6g-WljItrpPl7IZh6vfnJaV6AuYYm29G2V42Jvtz6Sam2uYJYiUg6b02-hGhoDQxhxVGJ1V-ATwEqY5C7MPfa9uSoYIxbt27W5fCa4R_RyOS7wwqSPxARgAT9okD1E6D5jcpBQ2qhNUirp4R2VWPIY4ykOQ-HVJ1vkJJ3-xQ-XP6WE2SeuZglO_Dw4gXm3NiZsXnClokWMsyBIhRv8HiwFO_UB3KPSNqntXfydzC1e_alI6cgQil8VyjtETBzFMCgC6LGygTUCGPP1rFS-JBV5McyR_BSi0oHWY1zzz0b8_QdMDdEPOOqFfro-n7JqwbVDraIWQIq-lBAw4sl8CA5PVANzKm7u3rC2_LitiQKNH7PwKNf83nCTPMki7lmNeVNldlX8BwMQ6eh89Qq_HKFHUNcTWmrZiPFREau5_-bp0h8iNhD1iplZeJfEaiNgraWH2oBGLhrn9KYSaesx2rncASC45GT0wvJaP3H6qfGZ2EIARqqN2gpdinRT5g51iJLSJuA=w1563-h761-no

As an alarm technician for 15 years I will say you need to go into programming with your keypad. Usually there is a default installer code such as 1234 or 4321. Some go into programming upon power up of the system after which you can enter the code. The code may be 6 digits to 4 digits long. It could be called a master code. All of the wireless installations I have done have been to go into programming, find the section to install devices, either pick the device type or "learn" in the transmitter.

First, write down your programming steps including the sensor ID's and codes. Some systems expect you to know what you are doing and time out on you without activity for a while.

You Learn the transmitter by either activating the sensor by installing the battery and either pressing a button on the sensor, activation of the reed switch by pulling away the magnet, or typing in the transmitter's ID code or serial number. Note, some systems have a house code and an individual ID code.

After learning the device it will either go to the next open slot for device programming or you have to tell the system the device type, such as entry door, perimeter door, interior follower, panic, etc. These are usually 1, 2 or 3 digit codes you enter. Some systems then have a response type which is in the reporting of the system to the central station and or sounding the siren. You now need to find out how to save and exit programming.

After programming, test your system to make sure it functions properly.

But not much point, when you haven't been able to attempt pairing them, they won't work without been paired even if they are the correct frequency.

Have you tried googling your exact make and model of the units to see if you can find better instructions.

No box is chinese.

315Mhz?, you can use a RTL-SDR radio. they're cheap ($5 to $30 in the USA ) and they not only can tell you if a module is transmitting, but you may even be able to see what's going on between the devices.
more info available [here] and they sell RTL-SDR radios too, some of their bundles contain antennas, cables, and other accessories. they also have links to other companies that sell radio dongles.

i don't know where you live, but 315Mhz devices are allowed in ITU region 2 (the Americas) but not in region 1 (Europe & Africa). i'm not sure about region 3 (India, China, Australia, etc...)

Thanks for the reply. Shame they dont tell you what region is in the box before they sell it to you and you buy the wrong region.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back