Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ouija board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

Im trying to get started early this year for our annual halloween party, and hopefully building a ouija board. I have the control electronics underway, but require a bit of help with the motors. Because I need precise control of the x and y axis it will have to use stepper motors. Can anyone tell me where to find the simplest stepper drivers. this project will only be run on one night, so it doesnt need to be special, just cheap. I am familiar with stepper control but I tend to buy control boards for my CNCs but that is too expensive for this project. Thanks

EDIT: Sorry I should have mentioned that it is a fake ouija board, with a magnet dragging the pointer thing from underneath, using a 2 axis setup similar to a cnc machine.

how r u controlling it?

I rely on the L297 & L298 + 6210
but that may not fit you, you need to find proper motors and discover hardware specs(power ratings) requ'd

(dont need the L297 if you use a micro-controller)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back