Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Other electronics forums ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wuts wrong wit this 1? 25000 members or somethin like that, i think this is about as good as it gets :D

this is the best electronics forum on the whole web.

im a member of quite a few other electronics forums out there. most of them are very professional with lots of info being exchanged every second. most of them are more active than this forum. but all of them lack the freindliness of electro-tech-online. i dont know why but this forum feels like home to me. i really feel comfortable in discussing things here. it was this forum that led me to PICs (thanx Nigel) and a number of other things. infact this was the first electronics forum i joined!!!!!!

samcheetah said:
this is the best electronics forum on the whole web.

im a member of quite a few other electronics forums out there. most of them are very professional with lots of info being exchanged every second. most of them are more active than this forum. but all of them lack the freindliness of electro-tech-online. i dont know why but this forum feels like home to me. i really feel comfortable in discussing things here. it was this forum that led me to PICs (thanx Nigel) and a number of other things. infact this was the first electronics forum i joined!!!!!!

Samcheetah, I agree that this is the friendliest. A case in point:

https://www.edaboard.com

There are a lot of experts on here from many areas. This board is very active but not as friendly as this one.

Which others do you belong to that are the _most_ active?

Wow!!! Sam, you're right!! I cheked out that forum and couldnt find a single bit of friendly chat, which is all over the place on this forum! Makes me even happier that i stumbled upon this forum by accident :lol:

Optikon said:

well, i go to avrfreaks too. there it is a little bit freindly but not like electro-tech-online !!!!!!!!!!!!!

zachtheterrible said:
Wow!!! Sam, you're right!! I cheked out that forum and couldnt find a single bit of friendly chat, which is all over the place on this forum!

yes infact posting a "thankyou" is considered violation of the rules there. actually there they use a points based system. every post will give u a fixed number of points. so thats why every post should be reasonable.

i dont discuss many things there. the only reason i go there are the free books :lol:

samcheetah said:
Optikon said:

well, i go to avrfreaks too. there it is a little bit freindly but not like electro-tech-online !!!!!!!!!!!!!

zachtheterrible said:
Wow!!! Sam, you're right!! I cheked out that forum and couldnt find a single bit of friendly chat, which is all over the place on this forum!

yes infact posting a "thankyou" is considered violation of the rules there. actually there they use a points based system. every post will give u a fixed number of points. so thats why every post should be reasonable.

i dont discuss many things there. the only reason i go there are the free books :lol:

Yes.. good place for e-books.. I've gotten GB amounts of them. But I also converse with a few IC designers there.

But I also converse with a few IC designers there

thats good. well, IC layout and design is totally an unchartered territory for me.

im really impressed by analog IC designers like Robert A. Pease (RAP) and Bob Widlar etc. and i wish to gain more knowledge about analog IC designing. before reading the discussion there i thought that analog electronics is practically dead. but now i believe that analog electronics is the most demanding and challenging aspect of electronics. and we will always need the skills of an analog designer.

one thing more that is discussed there is FPGAs and ASICs. these topics are also quite "hot" in the industry.

zachtheterrible said:
yes infact posting a "thankyou" is considered violation of the rules there.

Thats ubelievable!!! Wuddya mean baout gettin free books there?

believe me thats really true! you cannot post a reply just for thanking someone.

about the books, well there is an Upload/Download section in that forum where people upload e-books. now these books might be scanned or they might be original e-books from the author. every member of the forum can download those books from that section.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back