Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Oshonsoft Serial Port PIC-PIC18-PIC16-AVR Programmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

joserafa83

Hello,

I'm planning to build this Oshonsoft Serial Port PIC-PIC18-PIC16-AVR Programmer, to program both PIC and AVR microcontrollers, but changing the PIC16F628A by the PIC16F73 ( I only need 1 USART and 8 pins for the Programming Serial Signals)

Has someone built it before ? ? Any experiences ?

avrprogproserial.png

SCHEMATIC FOR PIC
picprogproserialhard.png
SCHEMATIC FOR AVR
avrprogproserialhard.png

This is a 'blast from the past', and such old programmers don't support modern devices.

If you want to program PIC's, then get a PICKit2 or PICKit3, and this works directly from within the MPLAB(X) IDE - the 3 is better for more modern devices.

Hi Nigel, why do you say it doesn´t support new devices, on the specifications it says that it supports the Enhanced Mid Range Pic Microcontrollers but the Pickit 2 does not.

I have a Pickit 3 "Clone", but i want to programm AVR microcontroller too with the same software and hardware !

Hi Nigel, why do you say it doesn´t support new devices, on the specifications it says that it supports the Enhanced Mid Range Pic Microcontrollers but the Pickit 2 does not.

As I mentioned above, the PICKit 3 supports far more modern PIC's than the 2, but both are excellent programmers.

The PICKit 2 does support Enhanced processors, but only from it's own software, not from within MPLAB(X).

I have a Pickit 3 "Clone", but i want to programm AVR microcontroller too with the same software and hardware !

Why would you want to do that?, and in any case there are two different hardware designs above for the two different manufacturers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back