Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Oshonsoft newsletter 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

camerart

Hi,
I received Newsletters from Oshonsoft, and for me, while they look interesting, I find it difficult to understand.
I subscribed late in 2018, and now have new licences for one year, so far I haven't updated them on the computer.

Can someoe explain, in simple terms what's happening please? It appears that Vlad is moving forward, but I don't understand.

C.

He has started to place code into libraries.. This means if you want to use the ADC, then you need to include it...So far he has only two.. ADC and EEprom ( internal EEprom )..

Basically, there are too many ADC variants ( pic16 range has about 12 different types ) and the compiler code will have become bloated.. Having external libraries is normal, It's how other compilers do it! Soon all other devices will be in libraries..

He has started to place code into libraries.. This means if you want to use the ADC, then you need to include it...So far he has only two.. ADC and EEprom ( internal EEprom )..

Basically, there are too many ADC variants ( pic16 range has about 12 different types ) and the compiler code will have become bloated.. Having external libraries is normal, It's how other compilers do it! Soon all other devices will be in libraries..
Hi I,
I've come across them before, in Arduino code, and tried them in my Oshonsoft programs, but I will have to get used to them.
When I update them on my computer, I'll start adding them.
Thanks for that. C.

Can anyone help me here? What am I supposed to do with the library files? Vlad hasn’t given any information of instructions, and I’m lost. How do I used the library?

I think you can still use the old method, but I cannot find any useful documentation I have looked through the library and it is mainly in assembler so I doubt you will be modifying it.. I think this is a way to prevent it going out of date... It would appear that any new chip on the market can be used in the pic IDE after the library has been modified to use it...

Thanks for the reply. I have code written under V3.57 which compiles perfectly and works perfectly in the PIC. Under V3.59 I get error messages with no explanation. I just don’t understand how Vlad can introduce a major change with NO documentation. He just assumes that everyone will figure it out. I’ve reverted to V3.57 and I’ll probably stay there. I’m looking at Mikroe Basic. Expensive, but may be worth it.

Thanks for the reply. I have code written under V3.57 which compiles perfectly and works perfectly in the PIC. Under V3.59 I get error messages with no explanation. I just don’t understand how Vlad can introduce a major change with NO documentation. He just assumes that everyone will figure it out. I’ve reverted to V3.57 and I’ll probably stay there. I’m looking at Mikroe Basic. Expensive, but may be worth it.
Hi RH,
I'll send him an email.
C

Just had a replay from Vladimir:

"Thank you!
I located yesterday the cause for this serious overlook I made in the IDE software in the latest release.
Will be fixed within 24 hours. I will let you know."

Watch this space.

I’m looking at Mikroe Basic. Expensive, but may be worth it.
It's only £200 And the support is extreme.. Every library under the sun.. I have the pic32 C compiler, and I do like it..

It's only £200 And the support is extreme.. Every library under the sun.. I have the pic32 C compiler, and I do like it..
Hi I,
With you being a far better programmer that me, it sounds a good option, where I rely on the Oshonsoft Simulator, that I am used to, over many years.
C

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back