Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

oscilloscope question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edmond

Hi!

I’d like to buy an oscilloscope. There are two at the same price for sale. Agilent HP-1740A (100MHz) and Tektronix 2215 (60MHz). I will use it for general repair (TV. VCR, DVD, audio systems). What are your opinions about above scopes? Which one is the best buy? Thanks.

Both Agilent (formerly Hewlett-Packard) and Tektronix build good oscilloscopes. The Agilent has a higher bandwidth, which is desirable, and variable persistence which is useful for viewing low frequency signals, short low rep-rate pulses, or capturing single-shot waveforms. So assuming they are in comparable condition I would probably go with the Agilent.

Have you considered getting a digital oscilloscope? They have many added measurement features that analog scopes don't have.

I just inherited a 453 tektronix. Still works as far as I can tell.

Should I keep it or give to surplus to be sold to the public?

kv

I would like it as it's better than my 20MHz scope.

Is it worth shipping to the UK though?

I would like it as it's better than my 20MHz scope.

Is it worth shipping to the UK though?

Thanks,

The shipping charges about by Air $268.00us by Sea $687.00us:D

shimniok said:
Never played with the HP but have played with a tek similar to that. Good scope

kv:D:D:D

Last edited:
"The shipping charges about by Air $268.00us by Sea $687.00us"

It cost much more to ship something heavy by sea than air?
That surprises me.

Me too but I think he's probably joking.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back