Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Oscilloscope help, please :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheppard

Hi everyone, I'm new here, so please be gentle ;)

Okay, cut a long story short.
I got myself a oscilloscope to do some calibration on my camera I have, thing is, I only know the basics of an oscilloscope, so I need to have a few things explained to me.

If you take a look at the picture I've posted you can see part of a service manual. **broken link removed**

Its telling me (correct me if I am wrong)
Extend VA-83. Test point for G-ch would be oscilloscope connected to TP-3, grounded to E1, and I assume an external trigger on TP18 on the extenstion board.

Can anyone explaine to me what the "trigger HD" is? as somewhere else in the manual it says "trigger VD" HD, VD? Whats the difference?

Now, next problem.

If you look at this picture
**broken link removed**

Extend the VA-83 board again, close the iris, gain set to 18.
Connect the oscilloscope to TP-39 on the extenstion board, now I dont understand the part at the bottom on the picture where it says "H trig:HD" and "V trig:VD" and well to be honest the "H saw/V saw" and "H para/V para"

So, thats it, sorry for the oversized post!! But I would really appriciate help from anyone

I dont know if it will help, but Im using an old tektronix 475 oscilloscope.

Thank you

#1; I read TRIG:HD as trigger Horizontal deflection and VD as vertical deflection. Trigger:HD would mean Trigger: Horizontal Deflection. Unfortunately, I'm missing something because the adjustment suggests a voltmeter.

I suppose you need to be looking at two traces although not sure which two of them. TP18 will be providing the trigger for the scope, so the scope has to be set for external trigger.

Last edited:
Para: for now give up
Saw id for Sawtooth; a type of waveform.

TP18 is the Horizontal trigger.

I think VD or TP17 is the blanking or intensity input on the scope. The waveforms don't look right when blanking occurs at the same time.

One of the modes for dual sweep is ALTernate and Chopped which might be ab;e to explain the waveforms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back