Oscillator

Status
Not open for further replies.

hugoender

I have what I believe to be a crystal oscillator. On it, it has written:

X5387
T9523

I tried looking for it online but I cannot find anything. The fact that I don't know which of these numbers to search for also doesn't help. If anyone could help me out I would greatly appreciate it.

Edit: It has an oscillator type package such as this one: https://www.egr.msu.edu/eceshop/Parts_Inventory/images/20mhz.jpg

Edit2: Is there a way to measure an oscillator's frequency?

Last edited:
I had a similar situation, and used this cct. to measure the frequency of a crystal. BTW that case is a crystal, not an oscillator.

I directed the output to a frequency counter, if I recall.... so long ago!

Attachments

• this_one Oscillator.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:
I had a similar situation, and used this cct. to measure the frequency of a crystal. BTW that case is a crystal, not an oscillator.

I figured I was going to call it the wrong thing. In my head crystal and oscillator are the same thing... although I should probably learn the difference.

That circuit makes no sense to me and being that I just found this crystal lying around, I don't think I want to make a whole circuit just to see what frequency it oscillates at. Thanks a lot for your time and help though. I really appreciate it. I was just looking for a more basic solution.

How many pins does it have ? If only two it is most probably just a crystal. Crystal oscillators usually have at least 3 connections - ground, power and output - but can have more (for example if it is a VCXO).

Petr

How many pins does it have ? If only two it is most probably just a crystal. Crystal oscillators usually have at least 3 connections - ground, power and output - but can have more (for example if it is a VCXO).

Petr

It has two pins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…