Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Oscillator

Status
Not open for further replies.

hugoender

I have what I believe to be a crystal oscillator. On it, it has written:

X5387
T9523

I tried looking for it online but I cannot find anything. The fact that I don't know which of these numbers to search for also doesn't help. If anyone could help me out I would greatly appreciate it.

Edit: It has an oscillator type package such as this one: https://www.egr.msu.edu/eceshop/Parts_Inventory/images/20mhz.jpg

Edit2: Is there a way to measure an oscillator's frequency?

Last edited:
I had a similar situation, and used this cct. to measure the frequency of a crystal. BTW that case is a crystal, not an oscillator. :)

I directed the output to a frequency counter, if I recall.... so long ago!

Attachments

• this_one Oscillator.jpg
    this_one Oscillator.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:
I had a similar situation, and used this cct. to measure the frequency of a crystal. BTW that case is a crystal, not an oscillator. :)

I figured I was going to call it the wrong thing. In my head crystal and oscillator are the same thing... although I should probably learn the difference. :)

That circuit makes no sense to me and being that I just found this crystal lying around, I don't think I want to make a whole circuit just to see what frequency it oscillates at. Thanks a lot for your time and help though. I really appreciate it. I was just looking for a more basic solution.

How many pins does it have ? If only two it is most probably just a crystal. Crystal oscillators usually have at least 3 connections - ground, power and output - but can have more (for example if it is a VCXO).

Petr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back