Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ORCAD question

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandeepa

Hello all

Suppose I have a 2 layer PCB layout made using Orcad.How can I get a negative of the sides printed out?I have found an option which shows me the negative on the scren,but it doesnt print out the negative.Some strange dots get printed.I have really tried in vain,trying to get the negative printed.Isuppose it must be something really easy,but where and how, completely beats me.

THanks

Generally this is done by whomever produces your PCB. You supply them with the data file, and they produce a set of "artworks", both positive and negative, for etching and for masking. If you are going to plot your gerber files on a printer, and etch your own boards then follow the instrutions bellow

According to OrCad themselves:

Creating negative image prints of copper layers to create board prototypes

PROBLEM:
In Layout, how do I create negative image prints of my copper layers to create an in-house prototype?

SOLUTION:
From within Layout, choose the Post Processing toolbar button. From the menu that displays, choose Setup Batch and enable Extended Gerber output for your layers. If you are hand-drilling the board, select the Keep Drill Holes Open option to leave an opening in the center of your pads as a drill target. Run batch post processing (choose the Post Processing toolbar button and then choose Run Batch) to create your extended Gerber files and your GerbTool .GTD design file.
From within GerbTool, open your .GTD design file. Double-click on the rectangular Draw Color block and set it to white. Then, double-click on the rectangular Flash Color block and set it to white as well. From the File menu, choose Page Setup and select the Print Background and Color/Gray Scale options. Make sure the Overlay and Sketch options are not enabled. Finally, print the layer by choosing Print from the File menu.

Document number: LAY01851
Applies to: Layout (v7.10, v9.0)
Created on: Monday, August 17, 1998
Last modified: Monday, August 17, 1998

Hello all

zevon8,thanks for your reply.But I have a question.
The "Color/Gray Scale options" has to be selected.....this means I need a color printer?
The printer I am using is a black and white one,the gerb tool crashes when I select this option.

Thanks

I would think you should be using the gray scale option. Perhaps your printer cannot handle the output of the program, ie the printer language. Check the Orcad website for printer drivers, often there are modules you need to load to support various printers.

try "print to file"

intall ghostview and ghostscript and open the Output.prn file with ghostview and convert it to PDF and print from acrobat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back