Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Orcad pcb editor

Status
Not open for further replies.

CMOSHC

hi

I m new in orcad , i used capture to draw my scheme , but now i am stuck .
In order to use pcb editor you need to have all the footprints of the components.
So how do we deal with this . PCB editor has already some footprints , how can i know wich one to use , how can i get a list of the components and their footprints ? i am awar that some of them doesn't exist , so do you always creat new footprints ? and since padstack are used to connect (correct me if i am wrong) layers , is it essentiel to creat a padstack to cread a footprint if i am using a single board pcb ?

thank you very very much

Just find a footprint of a similar component with the same package. For example, if you have a 2N3904 transistor in a TO-92 package but don't have a footprint for it, just find one for a 2N2222 in a TO-92 package. Same pinout and same package type, so it'll work fine.

the prob is with some components i don't know wich package i suitable for them , like some resistors , an lcd , and a max232 , some connectors ...
do u know wich packages for these ?
if not in order to create a footprint do i have to creat a padstack knowing it's a single board ?

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back