Orcad pcb editor

Status
Not open for further replies.

CMOSHC

hi

I m new in orcad , i used capture to draw my scheme , but now i am stuck .
In order to use pcb editor you need to have all the footprints of the components.
So how do we deal with this . PCB editor has already some footprints , how can i know wich one to use , how can i get a list of the components and their footprints ? i am awar that some of them doesn't exist , so do you always creat new footprints ? and since padstack are used to connect (correct me if i am wrong) layers , is it essentiel to creat a padstack to cread a footprint if i am using a single board pcb ?

thank you very very much

Just find a footprint of a similar component with the same package. For example, if you have a 2N3904 transistor in a TO-92 package but don't have a footprint for it, just find one for a 2N2222 in a TO-92 package. Same pinout and same package type, so it'll work fine.

the prob is with some components i don't know wich package i suitable for them , like some resistors , an lcd , and a max232 , some connectors ...
do u know wich packages for these ?
if not in order to create a footprint do i have to creat a padstack knowing it's a single board ?

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…