Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Opening phone-call boom barrier from other number

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ighnaz

Hello, I need a little help/opinions.
I have access to a parking lot, that is controlled by a phone-call boom barrier. It opens when a call is made to the barrier's number from specific phone numbers, that are allowed to do this.
Now the problem is, that I got the access and I can call it from my phone and it opens. But my girlfriend is also using the same parking lot, and everytime she wants to get in/out of the parking lot, she texts/calls me to open it, and then I have to call the barrier number myself.
Is there anyway to bypass the calling/texting me to make a call for the barrier to open? In short - I need to be able to either call from phone A and look like I'm calling from phone B (both phones I'm the owner of), or be somehow able to make a phone call from a distance, using phone A to control phone B into making a call.

Any ideas? :D

Doesn't the parking lot become opened every time a foreigner calls to sell windows and doors or "duck" cleaning??

Doesn't the parking lot become opened every time a foreigner calls to sell windows and doors or "duck" cleaning??
Im not sure if i understood your message correct, but it only opens when called from specific numbers that are in the list of people who can enter...

Can't you get her added to the list?
If all and sundry could bypass the security there'd be no point in having it (and probably no free space in the car park :) ).

Can't you get her added to the list?
If all and sundry could bypass the security there'd be no point in having it (and probably no free space in the car park :) ).
I would if I could, but it takes about a a year of writing requests. And the lot is only like 30% filled :D
Anyways, does anyone have any ideas on the technical problem itself?

I don't believe this can be the only way to open the barrier because it assumes all users have a working mobile phone. Isn't there an RFID key or RF remote control option?

It's not an electronics problem, more a criminal (and software) one - wanting to alter caller-ID.

Just to clarify: We are both allowed in the parking lot, we both work in the same place, just have only one number to call from because of some paper stuff. It's not a criminal :D

So if anyone has any ideas how I could remotely call from my girlfriends phone, that would be greatly appreciated :)

Sometimes legal. I have done it it the past. A quick cost check shows it's at least $20.00 USD/100 minutes, 1 minute minimum. It has legitimate uses. The service I just looked at won't allow you to use numbers of LE or financial institutions. The one I looked at is Prepay and you must use it once every 30 days, otherwise the account goes inactive. There has been a telemarketing company that got in trouble with the FCC for making CID equal to the first 6 digits of your number and garbage. I got hit with that at least 3x. I fell for it once.

Get a cheap VOIP package that has a client compatible with each of your phones. Change the registered number to the voip number. You can both make calls from that VOIP number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back