Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Opamp audio mixer circuit question

Status
Not open for further replies.

diy didi

Good day.
I want to build the attached circuit. I want to minimize component count a little as this is part of a bigger project.
Are the input capacitors really necessary?
These inputs will only be connected to other audio sources such as an ipad or mixer.
Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• 02D18757-7150-458E-99CD-6D53CE3F6D13.jpeg
    02D18757-7150-458E-99CD-6D53CE3F6D13.jpeg
    229.9 KB · Views: 204
You're still giving no information?, does it work by magic?, is there no kind of power to it?.

If the top of the pots go directly to jack sockets, then you need capacitors between the sockets and the pots, as you've no idea what's connecting to them.

Likewise, it's sensible to keep the capacitors already in the circuit, as they do no harm, and depending on the entire circuit (which we don't know) may be essential.

Yes

Your opamp has no very important power supply. Since the (+) input connects to ground then the power supply must have plus and minus voltages.
Then if the input signals have no DC on them, the input capacitors are not needed.

Your opamp has no very important power supply. Since the (+) input connects to ground then the power supply must have plus and minus voltages.
Then if the input signals have no DC on them, the input capacitors are not needed.
Similarly, the Output Capacitor is also not required.

Similarly, the Output Capacitor is also not required.

I would disagree, the major reasons for the output capacitor are to prevent the mixer sending DC out to what it feeds, but also to prevent DC coming back in from what it feeds. This is also why I said it was essential to have capacitors between input sockets and pots, in case it's connected to badly manufcatured units without output capacitors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back