Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Op Amp Power Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
You need isolation from the Neutral side as well as the Hot side because fault conditions can put high voltages on the neutral wire.

RadioRon said:
You need isolation from the Neutral side as well as the Hot side because fault conditions can put high voltages on the neutral wire.

I do not know if you were responding to my post or not... You are quite correct though. While the "neutral" is not the "hot" the two are collectively the line. The neutral actually often runs several tens of volts over earth and can wake you up even in a non fault condition.

Hobbyists would actually be hard pressed to breakdown the line isolation supplied by a wallwort.

D.

I personally hate the terms, hot and live I much prefer call it phase.

If you want a bipolar power supply then why no try constructing the one I did here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back