Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Op Amp Gain

Status
Not open for further replies.

wuchy143

Hi All,

Attached is an amplifier I'm working with. I'm trying to see the effect on common mode noise of the R and C connecting the "+" and "-" of the amp. Can anyone tell me the theoretical gain of this configuration? without doing too much math?

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    16.6 KB · Views: 177
It's not a particularly easy circuit to calculate the gain versus frequency. The easiest way to determine that is just to simulate it in LTspice or other Spice simulator.

The DC gain from the V2 input is just 75k/20k = 3.75.

wuchy143,

Attached is an amplifier I'm working with. I'm trying to see the effect on common mode noise of the R and C connecting the "+" and "-" of the amp. Can anyone tell me the theoretical gain of this configuration? without doing too much math?

I don't understand the question. The common mode noise is a parameter of the op amp, not the resistor and capacitor, right? I assume the output is taken from the op amp. If the AC voltage V2 is set to zero, the DC gain of V1 is 3.3321. This will raise the DC level of the output to 3.3321x4.096 = 13.648 volts. This gain was calculated by taking into consideration the values of R1,R2,R3,R4.

I am not going to work out the AC gain unless you really need it. Do you?

Ratch

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back