Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

One Sided PCB

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian25

i'm using a toner transfer in one sided pcb. but how do this layout in the circuit on the top of pcb?
just for the user to know exactly where he/she gonna put the components. tnx

**broken link removed**

That would probably be done commercially by a screen-printing process.
Is your board for SMDs or through-hole components?

What I'd do is after etching the pcb, I'd do another transfer on the top layer and clear coat it.

I use express PCB for small boards like this one. It will make a silk screen layer for you.

"toner transfer" .. After you etch the board, toner transfer on the other side, clean it up so it looks nice, clear coat it. It might just work for ya.

I don't do through hole, but I've done the toner transfer 'silk screen' a few times. The 'full release' fab-in-a-box style toner transfer papers work well for this. I've never needed to seal over top, but these are usually just protoboards and don't get any rough handling.

You can also put text in your etched PCB so you can label components on the bottom.

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

i'm using toner transfer laser printed paper(photo paper). is it the same when you, transfer the printed circuit to the copper that it will leave an excess paper around the trace?

thanks you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back