Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

one pase motor speedcontrol

Status
Not open for further replies.

aesar

Respected sir,
with the best regards,
I would be grateful if you give me full information about

electrical speed control of AC motors (one phase) and

give me design(s) and electerical circuites plans if it's

possible.
AC motors that i want to control their speed have

following specifications:YDK-30-6
1) 220 Volt (one phase)
2) 0.35Amper
3) 30Watt
i would be glad if you answer the following questions

too:
1- I want it to control using PWM,what frequency range should be of applied PWM

thank you,
yours sincerely
Aesar
aesar@hotmail.com

We need to know exactly what type of motor first. There are many different single phase motor designs and each has different operating characteristics.

Its airconditioner motor

Sir its a one phase motor use in splits(air conditioner)
its model is ydk 30-6
its rpm ranges from 700-900
it has 6 electrodes
here is the link where this motor is mentioned

Google Translate

sir is there be anything else you want to know,please mention it
i'll be very thankful to you

The simplest way to change the speed with that type of motor is to simply reduce the input voltage. A variac transformer would work well. Its the simplest way I can think of.

Why is it desirable to lower the speed of the motor?
Couldnt it create a situation where the reduced-speed motor wouldnt be able to fully provide the customer its services?

There will be a diagram on the side of the motor. I have fitted many of these type of motors. From the web site you linked to it states two speeds, 700 & 900 rpm. If the wiring is the same as I have fitted, the capacitor connects to the YELLOW wire and the GREEN wire.(I know the green is normally earth, and I don't like the idea of using green as a conductor).The BLUE is a common neutral, the BROWN should be HI speed, and the RED LO speed.The EARTH should be YELLOW/GREEN STRIPE. You will need a 2 microFarad motor start capacitor for this as they normally don't come supplied with motor. If the wiring colour is different or you don't have a wiring diagram, this can be worked out with the aid of a multimeter. There will be two wires that have no resistance between each other,they will be neutrals.One of them goes to your supply neutral and the other to one side of the capacitor.Take your meter on OHMS and connect from one of these neutrals and check each of the other wires resistance with it. You should have four results.The highest should be to the other side of the capacitor,which will include the START/AUXILIARY winding.The next highest should be the LO speed,the lowest should be the HI speed. The last result should be OPEN circuit, and this will be thew EARTH.
Hope this helps. I'll just click my heels an be off for now.
tim from oz

Need Schematic to control speed using PWM

SIr i have no problem with the wirings,infact my boss has already connected it with capacitor,in the end he have taken out two terminals where i can apply220V to run the motor,now he said to me that i have to control its speed(increase/decrease)by using pwm,so for it i need the circuit diagram(schematic),and also want to know its frequency range.The motor is 220V,30W,0.35A,700-900rpm,singlephase,and two directional,the company where i am working produces Split(air conditioners),so we have to use it in A.C.

I think you have the wrong fan motor. If you try and use a two speed fan as a variable speed fan,after a while it will burn out.The spare winding will pick up inductive current and overheat the motor. Would probably be best to get more information from your suppliers.I see they have an email address.

I dont think your boss knows what he is talking about. Like many bosses I have had they tend to just through catchy sounding words around without knowing what they actually mean! The motor you have is not PWM controllable by any reasonable amount of effort.
DC motors can easily be controlled that way but not AC motors.
The circuit to do it is pointless. It would cost far more time and money to design and manufacture than its worth.

Hi
sir my boss have now given me permission to use any device to control the speed,now i can use variac transformer also,but PWm is given perority,so till we didnt make or find the circuit using PWM,we try to run it from any other source,please send me the schematic to control through variac transformer or through any otherthing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back