Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

One button menu system for PIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobW

I thought I'd seen a project, that someone had posted here some time ago, implementing a one button menu system. Does this sound familiar? I don't seem to be able to find it now. So maybe I just imagined it.

The only way I can see a one button menu working is if the button has different presses for different functions. Normal presses advance to the next menu item, a long press selects it. I have used this method in the past but don't recall seeing anything here.

Mike.

Short press, long press, double click, press and hold, etc.
I've seen variations on these, and found some code to distinguish between them, but it wasn't a complete menu system. I started to implement one a few years ago for user configuration of a frequency counter project, but it got put on the back burner. I'm working on it again, and rather than reinvent the wheel, I thought I should check to see what already exists.

Was it this one, by Mike - K8LH ?
Scroll down to post # 10 in this link:

No, I don't think so. To the best of my recollection, someone had come up with a general purpose menu system, that would return a menu number, sub-menu number, sub-sub-menu number, etc. I wouldn't be surprised if it was Mike–K8LH though. Perhaps he turned the original project into a more general routine. Maybe he'll pop in here with some suggestions.

No, I don't think so. To the best of my recollection, someone had come up with a general purpose menu system, that would return a menu number, sub-menu number, sub-sub-menu number, etc. I wouldn't be surprised if it was Mike–K8LH though. Perhaps he turned the original project into a more general routine. Maybe he'll pop in here with some suggestions.
I suggest you tag him to ensure he is reading this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back