Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

one 5v/0v to 2x 5v?

Status
Not open for further replies.

computer

Hi,

Is there a small IC that'll take the output from an PIC and if its 0v (low) put out 5v on one pin and if its 5v (high) put out 5v on another pin?

The reason I ask is I need to multiplex 8pin DIP into my pic for addressing but only have 1 spare output to switch the 2 channels. I have setup like:

Code:
---------.-----.-----.-----.
         |     |     |     |
---------¦--.--¦--.--¦--.--¦--.
         |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
        [:][ ][ ][:][:][ ][:][ ]
        [ ][:][:][ ][ ][:][ ][:]
         |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
         '--'  '--'  '--'  '--'
          |     |     |     |
----------'     |     |     |
----------------'     |     |
----------------------'     |
----------------------------'
I hope that works out! ASCII normally poops up for me :)

anyway, the two lines at the top need to be the 2 alternating between 5v.
the 4 at the bottom are input to the chip. Alternatively if you know of an easy way to implement a resistor ladder to do this that'd be another way ok with me :)

computer[/code]

when PIN is high, you need INa to be 0 and INb to be 1
When PIN is low, you need INa to be 1 and INb to be 0?

Use an inverter, drive the inverter with PIN, drive INb with PIN, and drive INa with the inverter.

If you're using any RS-232 drivers on the board you can use a spare channel (driving the rs-232 inputs) as a logic level inverter. Alternatively you can use a regular inverter chip (is it a 7404? but they're big) or make your own out of an NFET and a pullup, or an NFET and a PFET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back