Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Omron Time Delay Relay Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikek373

Hi all,

I'm working on a project that requires a time delay relay and I was supplied a number of Omron H3YN-2 solid state relay. I want to activate a device for 30 seconds by pressing a simple pushbutton.

To get to the point, I am confused by the terminal arrangement on the connecting socket. The bottom four are 13, 14, 9, and 12 and the top four are 1, 4, 5, and 8. according to the data sheet for pulse operation power supply between 9 and 14, short circuit between 5 and 13, and input signal between 9 and 13.

I assume hot goes into 14 and neutral into 13 (I could be wrong) but where do I connect the push button and the output to the device.

Any help will be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike K.

Your pin numbers make no sense. Post a link to the data sheet.

Hi,

The link is http://www.omron247.com/doc/pdfcatal.nsf/24E4F8D2A9925FD486256B8300528588/$FILE/D19H3YN0302.pdf

Also, the socket I have is the PYF08A-E and operating voltage is 120VAC.

Thanks!

My best guess:

Attachments

• Timerp.png
    Timerp.png
    351.9 KB · Views: 864
Hi,

Unfortunately, it didn't work as I'd like. I succeeded in having a 30 second delay before it turns on, but I really need the system to turn on immediately and turn off after 30 seconds. Still, thanks for the help, Mike. It is most appreciated.

-Mike

Maybe I misunderstood what you wanted. I thought you wanted a delay cycle every time you momentarily close the switch (push button)?

Sorry, I should have made myself clearer.

For an exhibit we are using a device that shouldn't be run continuously for more than 30 seconds. I would like to press a button (I'm using a standard Happ momentary push button) and have the device run for 30 seconds and shut off.

Thanks,
Mike K.

Relay pins 12 and 8 should be closed during the delay period and open otherwise. So Mike's circuit should do what you want.

Hi all,

The closest result so far has been to remove the 5-13 short circuit and and time limit contact NC 12-4. When plugged in it turns on for 30 seconds before shutting off and then it operates as I intend (push button, power goes on for 30 seconds, shuts down). But, it remains in the time-up position. Is it safe to do this? Time up will be no more than 8 hours a day, but what will it do long term?

Thanks for all your help,
Mike

The timer is designed to be continuously powered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back