Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Old Weller Soldering Station........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rolf

If you have and love like i do my old WTCPT soldering station, then you might have a surprise coming, like I did. I am now unable to find replacement tips! The model is probably over 40 years old!
Help please.
The tip's part# is TPA7. The "7" stands for 700°F, it looks much like the newer tips but the newer tips do not have the number indicating the temperature stamped on the end.

I now have no spare but I am saving the burnt-ut one so I might be able to fit the temperature sensor on its end to a newer tip.

Please comment.

Up-date: Finely found a company that has plenty of tips. But they have a $8.50 S&H for orders under $25.00. So I ordered 10ea, so if you need a PTA7 Weller tip, I can ship you one for $5.00 if you are in the USA
The company is: All-Spec.com

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back