Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

OLD AT power suply

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Rider

Hi,

I only need the +12V line, but its only works fine when there is a load at the +5V line. The 12V isn't 12V but somthing like 9-10V.
How can i fix it?? I have nothing for the 5V line.
I want to use it for a 156W peltier.

Please help me,
Thx

Go to radioshack and buy a 10 ohm 10 watt resistor for the 5v line. That is almost always a sufficient load for a powersupply. Hook the resistor from any red 5v wire to any black ground wire.

well, it is true that you need load on the 5V.
but the current drawn from 5V must be greater than the current drawn from 12V.
i face the same problem. my suply can handle 12V/8A and 5V/20A. the problem is that i need to get 5A at 12V and i don't want to get anything from the 5V, yet, i need to draw more than 10A from the 5V.
maybe someone figured out a solution for this?
thanks.

ok, by the way, why is it needed for a 10R 10W? for 10R powered by 5V you only have a 2.5W dissipation. so a 3W resistor is enough.
i recommend using 2 resistors of 5 ohm, 5W. or if you can find a 10W, 2.5 ohm then it is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back