Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ohmmeter and ammeter

Status
Not open for further replies.

xXAxHillbillyXx

I am looking for a stand alone ohmmeter and a stand alone ammeter (preferably in kit form) that do not have to be programmed by me.. they are for a project in my electronics class and i have googled the crap out of it and cant seem to find them.. i have found a capacitance meter, a voltmeter, and an o-scope (all in kit form) but i have hit a wall with the ammeter and ohmmeter... thanx for any help.
-Nick

Edit: I also want them to have digital readouts like seven segment LED's or something like that

Last edited:
An Ohm meter and an amp meter (up to 500mA) are available from the Chinese Junk Shops for $3.00 each. They have 3 digit LCD display and come with a 9v battery.

Last edited:
Usually the industry integrates everything we call a Digital Multimeter (DMM). All important parameters can be measured using it.

Standalone applications are usually DIY, but you can try the chinese ones mentioned before.

Last edited:
One caution. Most of the LCD panel meters cannot measure the same voltage that powers them. The more expensive ones have an internal transformer-coupled switching power supply which does permit reading the same voltage that powers it.

If you buy a +-200mV LCD panel meter, it is simple to turn one into an Ammeter by adding a shunt resistor. Ohmmeter is a little harder, but doable, too.

An Ohm meter and an amp meter (up to 500mA) are available from the Chinese Junk Shops for $3.00 each. They have 3 digit LCD display and come with a 9v battery.
where are one of the shops.. i cant seem to find one
Usually the industry integrates everything we call a Digital Multimeter (DMM). All important parameters can be measured using it.

Standalone applications are usually DIY, but you can try the chinese ones mentioned before.
yeah, I know what a multimeter is. I am wanting a DIY one.
One caution. Most of the LCD panel meters cannot measure the same voltage that powers them. The more expensive ones have an internal transformer-coupled switching power supply which does permit reading the same voltage that powers it.

If you buy a +-200mV LCD panel meter, it is simple to turn one into an Ammeter by adding a shunt resistor. Ohmmeter is a little harder, but doable, too.

I did not know that you could turn a voltmeter into an ammeter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back