Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Oh my (zachtheterrible's secret gold)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mstechca

LMAO

actually Zach, It isn't money I'm giving you, its a question to the public.

When I did a search for an optimal transmitter, I came across receivers as well.

Take a look at this...

**broken link removed**

This circuit was located at: http://members.shaw.ca/roma/fifteen.html
This is exactly the circuit configuration I am fiddling around with.

Now check this one out:

**broken link removed**

This one was found at: http://members.shaw.ca/roma/seventeen.html

I wouldn't be surprised if Audioguru or Nigel decide to modify the circuit parameters.

back to play time.

LOL

And yet another super-regen "radio". :lol:

Have you noticed on their datasheets that some old 2N2907 and 2N2926 transistors barely make it as high as the FM band? I haven't seen an old 2N2926 for about 40 years, does anyone still make them? :?: :?:

Maybe the article is about 40 years old too, before good cheap radios became available. :lol:

I have about 2 or 3 2907's in my junkbox. Those are my "Last-resort" audio power amplifiers.

it sucks to downgrade superregens.

Also, I found out something interesting. In the first image, when I connected the choke in parallel with a capacitor, I got a bandwidth tank!

but the thing is, I need to fine-tune it.

and before I think about turning the dial only 1/4 of a degree (god help me LOL), I want to know the best way to replace the collector to emitter capacitor with a digital tuner. In other words, instead of turning the dial 1/4 of a degree each time, I want it where I can press a button and the station changes to another station.

I am ok using IC's for this, but its good if I can avoid a microcontroller for the time being.

Use a reverse-biased diode or vari-cap as a voltage-adjusted capacitor.
Then you can tune a tuned circuit with a pot, or digitally switched resistors.
A reverse-biased diode-capacitor can have its DC bias modulated, then the oscillator produces pure FM without any AM.

Don't tune an oscillator by changing the emitter-collector capacitor. Then it changes the feedback too. Tune the LC tuned circuit, that's what it is for.

hey mstecha.

i dunno man :lol: . looks like a superregen. Ive tried building one and got great results with the aircraft band, but when paired with my bug, it worked just about as well as my FM radio rangewise. It had a lot of trouble keeping a good signal as well.

If you ever make a superregen that is "super", let me know :lol:

Im currently studying up on my ARRL handbook so that i can make a high gain radio that will be very stable, and a bug that will also be very stable. One day I will provide you with some killer plans 8)

I'm afraid that I have moved on from the cheap bugs and superregens :lol: (thanks to the fine advice of Nigel and Audio)

I'm actually playing around with the RF detector and using it as the receiver. I think I'll leave the RFC alone, and hook the other inductor with a capacitor. I'll see how that goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back