Odd part from Electronics Goldmine

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMikey83

In my recent order from Electronics Goldmine, I got one of their "surprise boxes" with all kinds of random parts in it. It came with 4 of a certain assembly.
It's a small PCb 35mm x 40mm. It has a 40 pin connector and double stick tape (3 pieces stacked to keep it level) and on the other side, a large rectangle of a transluscent material with a foam surround.
**broken link removed**

Manufacturer is Hypercom and has the following identification numbers...
FSM34

The barcode sticker has tho following text...
F5511210301300
FSM 34 Rev. B 030462-001

I can't find anything on this part, no datasheets anything.
Hypercom sells EBT machines and Point of sale register receipt printers among other business related equipment.
Thanks
~Mike

My guess is that it's one of the things that goes behind the LCD that you can sign on the POS credit card scanner things - a PIN pad according to my research...

I'm not "up" on this technology but that was my first thought....

Good luck...now I'm thinking of picking up one of those surprise bags...

-Infamous

I suppose that's possible, but the white part is only 1 3/8 inches wide and 1 inch tall.
Unless I write really small, I'm not going to fit my signature on that surface.
I took the doublesided tape off one and the number 100462-001 was on the PCB. I didn't find any info with this number either though.

I guess I figured I'd at least do a search and find someone else asking what it is, but aparently I'm the only one whose ever bought one. lol

~Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…