Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Odd part from Electronics Goldmine

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMikey83

In my recent order from Electronics Goldmine, I got one of their "surprise boxes" with all kinds of random parts in it. It came with 4 of a certain assembly.
It's a small PCb 35mm x 40mm. It has a 40 pin connector and double stick tape (3 pieces stacked to keep it level) and on the other side, a large rectangle of a transluscent material with a foam surround.
**broken link removed**

Manufacturer is Hypercom and has the following identification numbers...
FSM34

The barcode sticker has tho following text...
F5511210301300
FSM 34 Rev. B 030462-001

I can't find anything on this part, no datasheets anything.
Hypercom sells EBT machines and Point of sale register receipt printers among other business related equipment.
Thanks
~Mike

My guess is that it's one of the things that goes behind the LCD that you can sign on the POS credit card scanner things - a PIN pad according to my research...

I'm not "up" on this technology but that was my first thought....

Good luck...now I'm thinking of picking up one of those surprise bags...

-Infamous

I suppose that's possible, but the white part is only 1 3/8 inches wide and 1 inch tall.
Unless I write really small, I'm not going to fit my signature on that surface.
I took the doublesided tape off one and the number 100462-001 was on the PCB. I didn't find any info with this number either though.

I guess I figured I'd at least do a search and find someone else asking what it is, but aparently I'm the only one whose ever bought one. lol

~Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back