Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Object Detection and Reaction

Status
Not open for further replies.

adam.doyle

I would like to make an object detection system that senses a rock and then activates a scooper.

What I had planned on doing is using my boe-bot board and components. Between the front two tires of my craft I was going to place the sensing system. This would include a shielded/directed IR LED on one side aimed at an IR sensor on the other side. When the beam got interrupted (a rock had been found) the boe bot programming would tell a servo to move for x amount of time (whatever time I find is necessary to pickup the rock and dump it) then return the servo back to its original position.

This will work, and I could complete it with ease, but it is not light weight and every oz matters on my project. So I was wondering if it would be feasible, and lighter, to make a speciallized board that just had room for a sensing system and servo control. I don't need the 4 servo plugs and tons of pin positions and 16 or so pin chip to just sense and move a servo, right?

Any info or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back