Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

OBDII Automotive Diagnostics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once uppon a time, they had a kit you could buy with the pre-programmed pic. Get that one if you want to build it yourself.

If you just want the PIC code....good luck. That is the propritary part that allows Rodman to make his living, and I seriously doubt he is going to give it away.

I bought one of the assembled units and it is a very good device, and the PC software it top notch.

Spend a few bucks and get a good OBD-II reader for much less that some commercial models, and support Rodman at the same time. That way everyone wins.

Dialtone

Here is some info from his order page: Link:
https://www.obddiagnostics.com/order.html

BR-3 parts kit (partial).
Consists of: Pre programmed interface chip, Crystal, two caps for crystal, Male OBDII connector with 6 pins.
Note: You still need some common parts to build your own unit. These are just the parts that are not commonly available

This above partial kit is USD$38.00 with US ONLY postage. He also has other kits available as well as fully assembled unit for USD$96.00.

If you are outside of USA then I suggest you e-mail him and see if you can set up a special arrangement on purchase and shipping.

Dialtone

I saw that :) the shiping is not a problem because I have a sister in america :) and she can bring them but all I wanth is just the preprogramed microcontroler.

Sorry... :oops: ...I thought you were looking for the software that runs on your computer,and you were looking for the IC to make your own circuit,which they have both.Good luck with the project.... :)

Does the company have a datasheet on that interface chip? The FAQ was x-tremely vague about it.

DigiTan said:
Does the company have a datasheet on that interface chip? The FAQ was x-tremely vague about it.

the interface chip is a programmed PIC 16F84 with a sticker on it :roll: (look at the part number on the schematic... "BR16F84") if you want a real datasheet, go to microchip's website :lol:

and again, the way the man makes his money is by selling the pre-programmed chips. The fact that he allows you to spend only $38 and buy the chip and some of the harder-to-find parts, instead of making you buy the whole kit, is commendable. If he gave out the firmware for free, then he wouldn't be making any money at all.

evandude said:
the interface chip is a programmed PIC 16F84 with a sticker on it :roll: (look at the part number on the schematic... "BR16F84") if you want a real datasheet, go to microchip's website :lol:

You don't need to look at the number on it!, he states in the text that it's a preprogrammed 16F84 :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back