Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Obama is here visiting SA...and it is BRILLIANT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vizier87,

Cosmologist Professor Lawrence Krauss was asked why does he think incest is wrong? He replied, if the siblings love each other, then he thinks it's fine.

Then the professor is a damn fool. That kind of love is a perversion. Doesn't he know that?

Probably off tangent but I think this may soon be legalized in the US if they keep on discussing these things?

Discussion of the topic is not the problem, acceptance is.

Ratch

Of course I can. But I have good reasons for what I believe.

So do they. :rolleyes: As I said opinions.

Your opinion is not a fact but then again I have ran across many people who have a hard time accepting that they too are not 100% right in their beliefs. :(

Just because you believe it and feel deeply about it does not make it a fact. Just ask the invisible man or people in the sky to come down or your sacred cow, rock, animal, or thing (depending on your religion) and clarify things for us and see how well that belief system works out for everyone. :p

This thread just became a whole lot more fun unfortunately I once again smell a lockdown coming because of it. :(

I've fried a lot of eggs for breakfast... does that count?

Only in the eyes of a vegan but then again their beliefs are personal choices (or sort of an opinion on how to live) and not a fact although many would argue otherwise. :p

tcmtech,

So do they. As I said opinions.

As I said, I based my opinions on solid reasoning. Can you say the same for theirs?

Your opinion is not a fact but then again I have ran across many people who have a hard time accepting that they too are not 100% right in their beliefs.

If their opinion is based on solid reasoning, then they should not have to change it.

Just because you believe it and feel deeply about it does not make it a fact. Just ask the invisible man or people in the sky to come down or your sacred cow, rock, animal, or thing (depending on your religion) and clarify things for us and see how well that belief system works out for everyone.

You did not read and understand what I said. I said my opinions are based on reason, not scripture, invisible sky men, or sacred cows. That is what everyone should base their opinions upon.

This thread just became a whole lot more fun unfortunately I once again smell a lockdown coming because of it.

Why, we are having a good discussion, aren't we?

Ratch

I think in the US at least we have laws for these things. There are of course choices that can be made or things that can be done if you don't like the law but only one choice I can think of involves only one person.

But having said that it would be interesting to know your reasons.

Hello all

I had a feeling stuff would happen. That is why I requested the thread closed. Never mind. Be good folks and play nicely :eek:

Note to self/me: "Do not start threads like this again. Politics is a Taboo on a good Electronics forum". I will keep repeating this over and over tonight until my Brain grasps it.

You see good Forums are places that help people. Without fees.
Politicians have grand places. They don't help people. But charge fees anyway. Because they feel entitled to...Taxes come to mind and so on.......

No more Political Threads from me.

All the time we spend discussing crappy politics here with this stupid thread of mine could have been spent more productively on helping people understand Electronics ;)

Much, much better.

Regards,
tvtech

As I said, I based my opinions on solid reasoning. Can you say the same for theirs?

Yes. Easily. I simply don't find your reasoning to be solid.

Free will gives us choices in life and life's odd little ups ans downs influence each and every one of us in different ways that ultimately dictate what we all will perceive as being good bad acceptable or unacceptable by our own personal views.

Because of that I put a great effort into taking the time to look at others perspectives of how and why they do what they do and as a result I also see why it is necessary to not force my views on others.
Life and the world we live in is complicated and much of what we see, understand, and feel can not be simplified down to either right or wrong assumptions based on personal views or opinions.

I have looked at your view and I see it as being incomplete and/or less than impartial. There is far more to these situations than what is first presented or how things appear which makes them very difficult for me to say they are right wrong good or bad. They did not happen to me and I was not a apart of the situation. To me the information is incomplete and likely skewed at minimal thus my judgment is to be reserved until another time. :p

My likes, dislikes or agreements or disagreements do not in themselves make anything right or wrong. It just gives me an opinion. ;)

Why, we are having a good discussion, aren't we?

[MODNOTE]You have been told on previous occasions, NOT to make remarks about Moderation[/MODNOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
tvtech,

I had a feeling stuff would happen. That is why I requested the thread closed.

That is not a good reason to close this thread.

Note to self/me: "Do not start threads like this again. Politics is a Taboo on a good Electronics forum". I will keep repeating this over and over tonight until my Brain grasps it.

Evidently you did not read the purpose for this thread. It is, "Relax for a bit and unwind, have some fun. This forum is for talking about non-electronics stuff amongst fellow members."

You see good Forums are places that help people. Without fees.

That's us, isn't it?

No more Political Threads from me.

Suit yourself.

All the time we spend discussing crappy politics here with this stupid thread of mine could have been spent more productively on helping people understand Electronics

Much, much better.

Helping folks is the purpose of this forum, but not necessarily this thread.

Ratch

Hello Ratch

Stay cool. You really don't have to draw the last dregs out of me.

Admittedly, I am not as smart as you. But, at least grant me space and not quote everything I say when you reply. No hard feelings. Now....back to the Forum and helping people with Electronics ;). Give the Politics a break. Please :D

Regards,
tvtech

tcmtech,

Yes. Easily. I simply don't find your reasoning to be solid.

No, not easily. Unless you specify the subject and what you find wrong with my reasoning.

Free will gives us choices in life and life's odd little ups ans downs influence each and every one of us in different ways that ultimately dictate what we all will perceive as being good bad acceptable or unacceptable by our own personal views.

Yes, freewill and personal views enables you to embrace in a lot of bad beliefs. Critical analysis helps you choose the right belief.

Because of that I put a great effort into taking the time to look at others perspectives of how and why they do what they do and as a result

If they are wrong, I think it is more profitable to show them why they are wrong. Their convoluted reasoning to reach a wrong conclusion not of practical interest, and is self-evident when the light begins to dawn.

I also see why it is necessary to not force my views on others.

Who is talking about forcing a view on others?

Life and the world we live in is complicated and much of what we see, understand, and feel can not be simplified down to either right or wrong assumptions based on personal views or opinions.

That's right. Assumptions, personal views, and opinions have to be backed up by facts and concise reasoning.

I have looked at your view and I see it as being incomplete and/or less than impartial. There is far more to these situations than what is first presented or how things appear which makes them very difficult for me to say they are right wrong good or bad. They did not happen to me and I was not a apart of the situation. To me the information is incomplete and likely skewed at minimal thus my judgment is to be reserved until another time.

Your generic rebuttal does not allow me to reply coherently. Perhaps, if you could be more specific?

My likes, dislikes or agreements or disagreements do not in themselves make anything right or wrong. It just gives me an opinion.

And is your opinion backed up by reason and facts?

Certian moderators get thier undies all bunched up when topics like this come up and I start to participate in them. I don't fit certain persons interpretations of the rules at all times and when were I am standing in gets too grey threads get locked down or outright disappear.
Trust me it happens a lot.

I think if your discourse is reasoned and makes sense, you will not be censored.

Ratch

I am trying REALLY hard here.

Eric, please close this stupid thread of mine. Never again. No more Politics....EVER. We are sitting here discussing Politics and wasting our time....while people suffer. Just wrong.

Regards,
tvtech

Last edited:
As a newbie here, I was actually entertained by this thread. I'll be more likely to lounge around the forum and help where I can knowing that at least others here are aware of politics, which everyone should be, regardless of party. The silent, apathetic people will be the downfall of this great nation.

I am trying REALLY hard here.

Eric, please close this stupid thread of mine. Never again. No more Politics....EVER. We are sitting here discussing Politics and wasting our time....while people suffer. Just wrong.

Regards,
tvtech

hi tvtech,

OK.
Pity the thread has been pulled off topic.

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back