Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Obama is here visiting SA...and it is BRILLIANT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, Eric has not closed this thread yet. In spite of my request to do so..

I suppose if we all play nice it should be OK :eek:

Lets see what happens.

Regards,
tvtech

hi tvtech,

President Obama sounds OK, but just keep in mind he is a Politician and in order to keep his job, he has to tell the voters what they want to hear.

Turning promises into action is where most politicians fall short.

I think it was Oscar Wilde who once said:

Verbal promises are not worth the paper they are written on.

Having said that, not all politicians are bad.

E.

hi tvtech,

President Obama sounds OK, but just keep in mind he is a Politician and in order to keep his job, he has to tell the voters what they want to hear.

E.

Thanks Eric

tvtech has lots of respect for you Eric. And the way you do things. Nigel too.

From a guy that loves ETO, Just a member that now and again gives good advise...:)

Stay well both of you ;) I was just a bit worried that the Political thread would go pear shaped. Not good.

Regards,
tvtech

Last edited:
hi tvtech,

E.

Very well said, Eric :)

History will be the judge I suppose. Don't let these guys discourage you TV. After another 3 years of Obama and 8 years of Hillary they will have forgotten all about it.:rolleyes:

And in the U.S. form of government, a president is not the ultimate power. If congress doesn't do their part in the process, a president is powerless. Obstruction is not governing.

I'm with the other guys. He spends more time visiting other countries than he does here actually doing anything. I'm not happy with him as a president, and I'm convinced he only won because all the other candidates were even worse, in both elections. McCain, Clinton, Romney--all morons. Obama is a moron, but seemed that he'd run our country into the ground the slowest. That's my theory of why he got elected.

tvtech, if you lived here in the US you'd understand our point of view. I have yet to see him do something RIGHT for this country.

People like him because he's so-called representing the minorities in the world I suppose.

People like him because he's so-called representing the minorities in the world I suppose.

What minority would he be? Mixed race White/Black world leaders?

tvtech,

At least he speaks and thinks properly and is an inspiration for the kids that need this motivation. It is all about the Kids now.

I can't believe that anyone who advocates infanticide (abortion) is an inspiration for child issues.

Ratch

tvtech,

I can't believe that anyone who advocates infanticide (abortion) is an inspiration for child issues.

Ratch

Right on, Ratch

To be honest and fair it's all relative to each and every individuals views. Just because someone elses views differ from you does not make either one of you more right or wrong. Just opinionated.

Personally I can think of a few fetuses that should have been aborted some 20 - 30+ years after they where born. :p

tcmtech,

To be honest and fair it's all relative to each and every individuals views.

No it is not. Where did you get that idea? There are absolutes. A mass murderer might think that he is justiified in killing innocent people. His individual and personal view can justify such action. But when compared to the absolute standard that innocent life should not be taken by his personal decision, that premise does not hold up.

Just because someone elses views differ from you does not make either one of you more right or wrong.

Sure it does. All views cannot be right, so someone is wrong. That is just self-evident logic.

Just opinionated.

Since everyone has an opinion, by your definition, everyone is opinionated. But that is not so, because "opinionated" means holding stubbornly and often unreasonably to one's own opinions.

Personally I can think of a few fetuses that should have been aborted some 20 - 30+ years after they where born.

Many are and were, but they are not fetuses after that many years.

Ratch

...All views cannot be right, so someone is wrong. That is just self-evident logic...

And you cannot possibly fathom that it could be your view that is wrong...

MikeML,

And you cannot possibly fathom that it could be your view that is wrong...

Of course I can. But I have good reasons for what I believe. If you are going to change my mind, you have to show where my reasoning is wrong. And that means a factual argument, not some vague philosophy like "We can all be right". By the same token, I will gladly show you where you are wrong if you do not agree with my beliefs.

Ratch

MikeML,

Of course I can. But I have good reasons for what I believe. If you are going to change my mind, you have to show where my reasoning is wrong. And that means a factual argument, not some vague philosophy like "We can all be right". By the same token, I will gladly show you where you are wrong if you do not agree with my beliefs.

Ratch

Whoooo it's getting heated. If I remember correctly, Cosmologist Professor Lawrence Krauss was asked why does he think incest is wrong? He replied, if the siblings love each other, then he thinks it's fine. Probably off tangent but I think this may soon be legalized in the US if they keep on discussing these things?

Owtch. There's no anchor for these guys.

To be honest and fair it's all relative to each and every individuals views. Just because someone elses views differ from you does not make either one of you more right or wrong. Just opinionated.

Personally I can think of a few fetuses that should have been aborted some 20 - 30+ years after they where born. :p

I've fried a lot of eggs for breakfast... does that count? :D

rachit said:
Of course I can. But I have good reasons for what I believe.
I doubt infanticide was ever advocated by any recent US leaders, even if a woman's rights regarding her body were. If all of your reasons are based on religious scripture, then they are not good reasons.

dougy83,

I doubt infanticide was ever advocated by any recent US leaders,

If not blatantly advocated, then they were acquiescent and approved.

even if a woman's rights regarding her body were.

What rights? The right to kill her child? What right is that? We are talking about a human life here, not an ingrown hangnail.

If all of your reasons are based on religious scripture, then they are not good reasons.

None of my reasons are based on any scripture. I don't need scripture to determine killing innocent human beings for convenience is wrong.

Ratch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back