Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

NTSC or PAL television

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdanh2002

I am looking at the following antique portable television from eBay by the same seller

eBay.com.sg: CORTLAND Portable TV Model # CT-500 (item 220763127416 end time Apr 12, 2011 00:43:10 SGT)
**broken link removed**
eBay.com.sg: sony FX-412 portable TV/Cassette-corder (item 220763191263 end time Apr 12, 2011 02:40:06 SGT)
**broken link removed**
eBay.com.sg: Bentley Portable TV (item 220764825666 end time Apr 15, 2011 04:04:47 SGT)
**broken link removed**

What TV systems do they support? PAL, NTSC or both? Not that I want to purchase any of them but I am just curious. Look forward to any advice. Thanks.

Last edited:
well the obvious response would be email the seller by using the "ask a question" link and find out from him

Dave

Last edited:
If they were sold for the USA, they have to be able to recieve NTSC.

If they are black and white, they cannot be PAL, as that is a colour standard.

Thanks for the info. So these TVs are not compatible with PAL broadcasting TV stations since I think they are B/W? I heard that NTSC-only TV will show PAL signals as scrolling black and white (but recognizable) pictures while the audio is still correct, is that right?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back