NTSC or PAL television

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdanh2002

I am looking at the following antique portable television from eBay by the same seller

eBay.com.sg: CORTLAND Portable TV Model # CT-500 (item 220763127416 end time Apr 12, 2011 00:43:10 SGT)
**broken link removed**
eBay.com.sg: sony FX-412 portable TV/Cassette-corder (item 220763191263 end time Apr 12, 2011 02:40:06 SGT)
**broken link removed**
eBay.com.sg: Bentley Portable TV (item 220764825666 end time Apr 15, 2011 04:04:47 SGT)
**broken link removed**

What TV systems do they support? PAL, NTSC or both? Not that I want to purchase any of them but I am just curious. Look forward to any advice. Thanks.

Last edited:
well the obvious response would be email the seller by using the "ask a question" link and find out from him

Dave

Last edited:
If they were sold for the USA, they have to be able to recieve NTSC.

If they are black and white, they cannot be PAL, as that is a colour standard.

If they were sold for the USA, they have to be able to recieve NTSC.

If they are black and white, they cannot be PAL, as that is a colour standard.

Thanks for the info. So these TVs are not compatible with PAL broadcasting TV stations since I think they are B/W? I heard that NTSC-only TV will show PAL signals as scrolling black and white (but recognizable) pictures while the audio is still correct, is that right?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…