Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

npn transistor help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi!
I need a npn switching transistor that runs on a 9v or less circuit. Any ideas on what to get???

hi,
Most transistors will work from a 9V supply.
You must consider the current the switching transistor is going to conduct, collector/emitter, what do you want to control.?

A good general purpose transistor is the 2N2222.

I think the very old BC107 was replaced by the BC547 about 40 years ago and the very old SK100 is available only in India.

Newark sells the 2N3904 little transistor.

I searched for the BC107, but the collector voltage is 50v. Would that still work with 9v?

I just wanted to thank everyone for helping me out(I have not found the right one yet), but I play to buy about 150 of them, I just want to be sure I get the right kind. :)

The max allowed collector to emitter voltage of the old BC107 with the base shorted to the emitter is 50V. If the base is not connected then the max allowed collector to emitter voltage is 45V.
Any transistor will work with a 9V supply.

Please post your schematic so we can see if a little transistor will survive the current.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back