Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Novice question - 3-bit counter design (sorry)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CNO81

Im tearing my hair out here because I can't find the specific information I want, I've only been doing electronics a VERY short while so still getting to grips with the difference between JK and D type flip-flops for instance - that's an indication of the level im at!

Anyway, I've designed a 3-bit up-counter than goes through all the states and resets but now I want to to a similar thing but this time it only counts a specific pattern - eg. 3 - 0 - 2 - 7 - 1 - 6 (missing out 4 and 5) infinately using only NAND gates.

Finally my biggest problem atm is getting to grips with the electronic workbench - I can't work out how to implement either of these circuits with the necessary inputs into the gates and the (visual) outputs.

Sorry, couldn't find the novice projects forums!

Set up a disposable "hotmail" e-mail address and I will send a you a chunk of data, text and logic gate diagrams on JK and D - type flip flops.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back