Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Notation Interrogation: Figure/Unit Seperation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DigiTan

This one's just out of curiosity:

When I use a figure like 60Hz or 100mph in an equation, I won't leave a space between the number and the unit abbreviation. However, many articles, datasheets, and other documentation illustrations have no unit segregation. I feel it's my obligation to seek information; so I came to ETO for consultation.

What everybody's recommendation?

My rule is derived from what I would do if I wrote the word for the number. I would put a space between the quantity and the abreviation for units. I find it especially anoying in a case like:

100Ohms.

With the juxtaposition of the trailing zero and the leading O, I'd have to read it several times inorder to be sure.

That's my $ 0.02 USD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back