Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Not Happy With Autodesk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon Wilder

So I had to cancel everything I auto subscribe to last month to fix a temporary financial snafu. Prior to doing this, I had an EAGLE Standard subscription at $15/mo that had been going for 3 years.

So I fix my finances go, then go to reinstate my subscription.

Oh no...they no longer offer EAGLE by itself! Now it's Fusion 360 with EAGLE Standard and it's $60/mo!!!

I spoke with one of their sales reps over the phone. He pretty much gave me a "too bad so sad" and refused to reinstate my original subscription.

Had I known it was gonna go down like that I never would've canceled the subscription in the first place.

What a way to take care of someone who's been a customer for 3+ years. I'll never spend another dime with them.

What a way to take care of someone who's been a customer for 3+ years.
Have you raised the subject on social media? Might provoke a favourable response from their PR department.

I doubt it. It's the similar method they used with AutoCAD. Used to be a stand alone purchase now its subscription based. Then they remove backward compatibility forcing you to upgrade/keep subscribing.

I moved from Eagle to KiCAD. The learning curve was not too bad. Used Eagle from version 1.
I am learning FreeCAD for mechanical right now. The two packages talk to each other.

I posted on the Autodesk forum about it. James Youmatz reached out and had this to say -

Thank you for taking the time to reach out and describe your experience. I apologize for all of the confusion and the time its taken you away from being able to use the software you've been using for years. As you saw - EAGLE Standard is no longer offered for sale, and existing subscribers were only able to keep the product for as long as they continued to renew.

You've been a loyal customer over the years, and I completely understand how frustrating it must have been to hear the product is no longer sold, even though you were just trying to renew it again after a slight lapse.

We would like to make this right for you. I'm going to send you a DM with more information.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks,

James Youmatz

I then check my DM's -

Just reaching out to you about your forum post. I just checked in with your support case and wanted to let you know that we were able to generate and provide you with a special renewal link just for you, to your EAGLE Standard product, at the original price that you originally had.

Once renewed, this product has to stay renewing in order to maintain this special pricing.

With this renewal, Fusion 360 is also included which includes an Electronics environment based off of EAGLE as well - I definitely recommend checking that out if you have not yet.

They actually gave it to me for $100/yr, which is about 44% cheaper than I was paying going at the monthly rate. So in the end they did take care of me. The only catch is (and I didn't know this at the time) I have to keep the subscription active in order to keep the pricing. No biggie...I'm now paying less than I was for it.

Good result. I use Autocad (2021) at school and 2012 at home. I seem to spend more time trying to find things than drawing on the latest version. They seem to change the user interface every year - I've always wondered if it is to sell more support packages!

Mike.

I doubt it. It's the similar method they used with AutoCAD. Used to be a stand alone purchase now its subscription based. Then they remove backward compatibility forcing you to upgrade/keep subscribing.
Yeah i switched from Autocad to BricsCAD.

I moved from Eagle to KiCAD. The learning curve was not too bad. Used Eagle from version 1.
I am learning FreeCAD for mechanical right now. The two packages talk to each other.
Same here. Eagle user from their beginning, way before AD got it and screwed over us old-timers. Switched to KiCad a couple years ago and never looked back. All my eagle work is importable. In many ways i like it better than eagle

You've made me decide to try Kicad again. Getting increasingly disillusioned with DesignSpark.

The freedom s worth the learning curve (which is not that bad, just a different way of approaching EDA IMO)
All in all, I am liking KiCad more than eagle, The more i use it the more neat little tricks i discover in there.
Stuff that leaves AD-eagle in the dust. So long AD

I think the makers of KiCAD were Eagle users. Or at least they have a good understanding of Eagle.
Watch youtube videos and ask at the forum. (when you ask at any forum state what version of KiCAD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back