Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Not able to load code onto the STM32 blue pill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sashvat

Hi guys, I am currently using an STM32 blue pill board, uploading with an FTDI tool with the Arduino IDE on an "Apple MacBook Pro", I was trying to run an LCD display with it and was able to upload code to it. When I wanted to add a DHT11 humidity and temperature sensor, it wasn't working and thought I could switch over to my Arduino Uno. I wasn't able to upload code to the Uno too. Now when I upload code to the blue pill, its not coming.

Here's the error message I am getting-

Arduino: 1.8.9 (Mac OS X), Board: "Generic STM32F103C series, STM32F103C8 (20k RAM. 64k Flash), STM32duino bootloader, 72Mhz (Normal), Smallest (default)"

Build options changed, rebuilding all
Sketch uses 16932 bytes (25%) of program storage space. Maximum is 65536 bytes.
Global variables use 3120 bytes (15%) of dynamic memory, leaving 17360 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 20480 bytes.
Failed to open serial device.
dyld: Library not loaded: /opt/local/lib/libusb-1.0.0.dylib
Referenced from: /Users/sashvatganesh/Library/Arduino15/packages/stm32duino/tools/stm32tools/2019.3.31/macosx/dfu-util/dfu-util
Reason: image not found
/Users/sashvatganesh/Library/Arduino15/packages/stm32duino/tools/stm32tools/2019.3.31/macosx/maple_upload: line 53: 2960 Abort trap: 6 ${DFU_UTIL} -d ${usbID} -a ${altID} -D ${binfile} -R ${dfuse_addr} -R
An error occurred while uploading the sketch

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

Why isn't it coming? It was working perfectly, was able to upload code, now I am not. Please help me fix this to make it get back to normal. I am new to all this, so please, make it really simple for me to do. It would be very grateful.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Just a small update, I realised that the upload method was in "STM32duino bootLoader" I then selected serial as the upload method, now the error is like-

Arduino: 1.8.9 (Mac OS X), Board: "Generic STM32F103C series, STM32F103C8 (20k RAM. 64k Flash), Serial, 72Mhz (Normal), Smallest (default)"

Build options changed, rebuilding all
Sketch uses 15232 bytes (23%) of program storage space. Maximum is 65536 bytes.
Global variables use 2488 bytes (12%) of dynamic memory, leaving 17992 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 20480 bytes.
Error probing interface "serial_posix"
stm32flash Arduino_STM32_0.9
Cannot handle device "/dev/cu.usbserial-A800GAP3"

Failed to open port: /dev/cu.usbserial-A800GAP3
https://github.com/rogerclarkmelbourne/arduino_stm32

Using Parser : Raw BINARY

the selected serial port
does not exist or your board is not connected

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

Status